pdf 19-12-13 Nunavut Wildlife Management Board Bluenose East Caribou Hearing Invitation-GNunavut Management Proposal Popular
On December 13, 2019, the Nunavut Wildlife Management Board (NWMB or Board) provided public notice that it will hold an in-person public hearing to consider the Government of Nunavut’s proposal for decision (appended to this file) to:
- Modify the total allowable harvest (TAH) of Bluenose East caribou from 340 to 107and;
- To establish a male-only harvest non-quota limitation (NQL).
The NWMB is therefore inviting written, translated submissions and supporting documents for the in-person public hearing. The hearing will take place in Kugluktuk, Nunavut, on March 2 to 3, 2020, with evening meetings if necessary, at the Kugluktuk Community Hall. If necessary, the hearing will continue for the morning of March 4, 2020.
Organizations not already listed as Parties may submit a request for party status for the Board’s consideration by January 31, 2020. To be given party status, an applicant must show that they will be directly affected by an NWMB decision on Bluenose-East caribou. Non-hearing parties may submit information/evidence to the Board for consideration following the same February 14, 2020 deadline as hearing party submissions.
The NWMB has identified the following parties to this hearing:
- • The Government of Nunavut • Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated
- • The Kitikmeot Inuit Association
- • The Kitikmeot Regional Wildlife Board
- • The Kugluktuk Angoniatit Association
- • The Government of Canada
- • The Wek’èezhìı Renewable Resources Board
- • The Sahtu Renewable Resources Board
- • The Advisory Committee for Cooperation on Wildlife Management