The transcript for Day 1 of the Colville 2020 Public Listening (January 23) was prepared by Digi-Tran Inc. This corrected version is a first effort to include Dene orthography as a gesture of respect for the languages spoken at the event. It was not possible to fix technical problems with the orthography before the record was closed for the Public Listening.
The Day 1 transcript includes presentations, questions and responses related to the following agenda items:
- Hosting Chief's and Chair’s Opening Comments
- Review of Public Listening Agenda, Procedures, and Graphic Recording approach
- Acknowledgement of Written Submissions
- Overview of key terminology and concepts
- Presentation by Colville Panel; Parties’ Questions
- Presentations by Sahtú communities; Parties’ Questions: Délı̨nę Panel; Fort Good Hope Panel; Tulı̨́t'a Panel; Norman Wells Panel